Sunday, September 22, 2013

Rain and realizations

The first day of fall. I have been anticipating this rain-boot and sweater weather like a 5 year old waiting for Christmas morning. 

My anticipation will persist for the sidewalks and roads to be painted with red, yellow, and orange leaves. Today was one of those rainy days where I slowed down and took the time to appreciate the little and big perks in life. Like drinking a dirty-chai pumpkin latte, with people that make me happy, in my favorite coffee shop. Listening to the sound of rain drops fall from the rim of buildings. Thinking about how blessed I am to be at this point in my life-at college, learning, and about to pursue my dreams. Coming to the realization that life is not on a deadline. 

I believe as humans we often think our futures are on a deadline-we have to go to school for so many years, start a career soon after graduating, get married, etc etc etc. The thing is, who made this rule? Who says we have to do all these things by a certain time? 

Why do most of us believe life is on a deadline-whether consciously or subconsciously? Of course our lives will come to end, but while we are on earth the steps in between don't all have deadlines, and some of the steps we take may seem out of order, but that's okay. 


I'm tired of feeling restricted, I'm tired of restricting myself. I believe when we put ourselves in a box, we put God in a box. Here's to embracing the true passions of our hearts and pursuing our dreams, even if it terrifies us, and here's to a new season. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! And thanks so much for stopping by my little place on the web :)

    ReplyDelete