Saturday, May 3, 2014

Summer Reads: 10 books you and I should read

10 books I've read and think everyone should:
1. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
2. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
3. Where'd You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple
4. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kid 
5. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald 
6. The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway 
7. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley 
8. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood  
9. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky 
10. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer 

10 Books I haven't read but plan to:
1. A Man in Black by Johnny Cash 
2. Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller 
3. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
4. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini 
5. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey
6. The Stand by Stephen King 
7. The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger 
8. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
9. Bossypants by Tina Fey
10. The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri 

My real life and blogger friend Megan inspired me to make these lists, you can check out her blog at Arroway

Also, I was going to make comments for each book I recommended, but then I thought it's better to read books and form your own opinions, without others' opinions. 

Hope your summer is lovely, and enjoy your summer reading.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! okay, this is fabulous. and the catcher in the rye was sooo good! my fave.

    ReplyDelete