Saturday, October 11, 2014

Grace through small hands

Seven years ago this little human was born.
There is a special bond between the oldest and youngest sibling.
I remember when I first held her in my arms- she was so small. I knew she would have the biggest heart and wildest spirit.

What I didn't know was how much she would teach me. In this photo she is two, and she had already taught me so much.
She will never cease to fill my life with abundant joy.
What a privilege it is to know her and watch her grow- watch her embrace life better than anyone I know; watch her try things over and over, because she refuses to give up; watch her simply look at me and know, without a doubt, that she loves me with the purest love a human can.
With her she brought hope. She could not have been born at a more perfect time- a time when life was at a low for me and those closest to me. She provided light, grace, innocence and joy in a time of darkness.
I will never be able to express how thankful I am for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment