Monday, February 2, 2015

A home of vulnerability

I like the sound of rain
dropping,
on cold cement.

I like the sound of water warming,
trickling down
to dark coffee grounds. 

I like the sound of strangers'
conversations
colliding in a coffee shop. 

I like the sound of familiar voices
reconnecting in new
and old places. 

I like the sound of shuffling feet
and roaring cars
in the crowded city. 

Plenty sounds I admire.
But one draws me in,
most fervently.

Her name is Silence.
She warmly welcomes solitude
and kinship, equally.

Voiceless,
yet bares divine words,
abundantly.

Gentle,
yet feared
and dismissed.

You see, she is not unseen,
rather ignored, avoided,
replaced.

Pushed, covered
and filled
with things.

Hallow conversation,
rehearsed scenes,
blaring lyrics and a drum.

Things,
not all bad,
rather misused.

What if Silence was let in,
warmly?
Absorbed, authentically?

Or, what if we
let her,
let us in?

Not fearing,
what could 
be.

But yearning,
for what may be:
vulnerability. 

4 comments:

  1. love the way your words flow through my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kasia, for your kind words. I just checked out your blog and I love your photography- your attention to detail is beautiful.

      Delete
  2. BEAUTIFUL (and just wanted to say I like a lot your blog logo header thing (with the coffee stain). BEAUTIFUL! xoxo

    ReplyDelete