Tuesday, August 25, 2015

The write attire

Lace bralette: Victoria's Secret (similar)  // Skirt: H&M (similar) // Journal: Target 

I have always believed your attire influences your mood, just as the art in a home does. And so when you are doing what you love, what you want to get better at, what you want to take chances with, why wouldn't you wear what makes you feel inspired, what makes you feel whole, what makes you feel like you?

When I write I zone in on my memories, emotions and senses. The process of writing, or rather creating in general, requires me to intentionally feel deeply, which is often heavy, so I want my clothing to feel light, airy and natural. I desire my writing to express my femininity, because I am proud to be a woman. I desire my writing to express vulnerability, because I am thankful I am alive. I desire my writing to express truth, because I am continually being molded by God.  

A lace bralette paired with a thin cotton skirt is my go-to "write attire." I feel feminine, whole, the most like me. For me, it is vital to feel these things while writing. Most of my writing takes place in my home, but when I need to go outside or to a coffee shop for inspiration I'll throw a thin cotton top over my bralette (ya know, keeping it classy), and in the fall a cozy knit sweater. 

It is also vital to surround yourself with what inspires you. Although I love nature I am a home body, so I bring pieces of nature into my writing space: plants, pine cones, flowers, feathers. The traces of nature help me focus on the rawness of my words. My aunt Michele made the beautiful flower crown (you see above) for my bridal shower, which is now an art piece on my wall.

I'd love to hear what your go-to outfit is and what things keep you inspired. What attire makes you feel most like you? What do you surround yourself with?

1 comment:

  1. This post just makes me miss you.

    What a classy, loving soul you are.

    ReplyDelete